Over the next several weeks, I'm going to share with you in exact detail my entire process for building an passive niche site income stream from one of my neglected web sites.
I'll share with you the:
- The web site address and niche
- Site statistics
- Income statements
- Details about growth over time
- Assessment of what is working and what isn't
I'm committing to give you a at least one weekly update here on the blog with the latest scoop.
Why Would I Expose My Site Like This?
I know. Many internet entrepreneurs stay away from revealing any of their niches. And they have good reason. It's not uncommon for someone who blogs about a site's success to end up with new competition which eats into their profits.
So why would I expose my site, niche and all my tactics to you on this blog?
As it turns out, the site I'm basing this real-time case study has been around for seven years now. It's position in Google is really well established. The barrier to entry for competing is high enough that I'm not worried about revealing my hand.
It just so happens that I have been lazy with this site. The income from this site has dried up. However, I recently looked at my stats for the first time in probably four years. To my delight the traffic has grown like crazy.
So it's the perfect opportunity to share a real-world case study with you while growing my own income at the same time.
A Kick in the Pants
I have three primary goals for this process.
- Grow the income of this site to $2000 or more a month
- Share with you lessons learned along the way, offering up actionable tips
- And to have a kick in the pants to finally do something with this neglected web asset
Questions. Suggestions. Sharing.
All I ask is three things...
- Ask lots of questions. Help me deliver as much value as I can.
- Give suggestions. Tell me what you would do if you were me.
- Share this series with your friends and networks to spread the value.
How does that sound?
The Big Reveal
By now you're probably wondering what the site and niche are. You can expect the reveal in next week's post. You'll find out by reading part two of this series.
For now I'll give you the stats for last month (April 2012) so you know what we're working with.
Other Niche Site Income posts:
- Niche Site Income Pt 2: How to Find a Niche Market (My Niche Site Revealed)
- Niche Site Income Pt 3: Keyword Research Made Easy
- Niche Site Income Pt 4: Three Niche Site Monetization Models
- Niche Site Income Pt 5: Choosing a URL that Will Get You Ranked
- Niche Site Income Pt 6: How I Tripled My Income