What would you love your lifestyle to be like in 10 years?
Jeremy and I love helping people reach their ideal freedom lifestyle.
Ten years ago I had no idea I would live where I am today. Looking back, it was all set in motion by one simple secret.
In April of 2000, I proposed to my girlfriend, Melanie. We had a little dream in us that said, "wouldn't it be cool to live in Paris some day?" But it seemed far-fetched.
On August 15, 2003 I quit my job never to return. I was done being a "company man." I decided to give real estate investing a try.
On May 27, 2004 (on our anniversary), my wife and I had dinner at the Palais Royal in Paris. We treated ourselves to a Parisian vacation after I closed my first deal as a real estate investor for a 17k profit.
We still didn't LIVE in Paris, but it was a taste of the day when it would happen.
Two days ago, my wife, our two-year old daughter and I got off of a one way flight to Paris, France. The dream of those two young adults planning a life together has come true.
We don't know when we will be back. For all we know we will live there for a year or even two. It's up to us. We have the choice.
We talk a lot about defining your freedom factors and your fulfillment factors. Here is the simple secret for make your dreams real.
- Deliberately choose the life you want to live. Choose it now.
- Write it down. Sit down and paint a picture of exactly what you want.
- Take action today to make that dream real.
- Take action every day until the dream is real.
A few important guidelines are:
- Don't live someone else's dream. You are the only one that gets to define what will make you happy.
- Don't let life just happen to you. Live life with purpose.
- Don't wait until "someday later." Now is the time to be happy. Now is the time to start.
Your dreams may seem like nothing more than a desire in your heart and scribbles on paper, but they have power.
One day you will wake up and realize the dream is no longer inside of you. You are living it.
What will your life look like ten years from now? Share your dream in the comments below.